Medical Records Specialist
Infinity Behavioral is looking for a high-energy, detail oriented medical records specialist that enjoys patient advocacy.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Are you skilled at reviewing medical records?
- Do you enjoy trying to understand a patient’s story from a medical chart?
- Are you passionate about securing quality clinical care for patients?
- Do you thrive in a team-oriented environment dedicated to employee success?
… If so, you need to talk to us!
With decades of experience in the substance abuse and mental health rehab industry, the team at Infinity Behavioral Heath Services, Inc. (INFINITY), is committed to easing the insurance claim process and to maximizing insurance benefits so its clients can provide the highest levels of clinical care for every patient. In addition to a proven process for billing and claims follow-up, INFINITY offers utilization management and business consulting services to help clients improve day-to-day operations, increase revenue and maintain regulatory compliance.
Due to recent growth in its client base, INFINITY is now seeking qualified candidates for a MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST position. We are looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented self-starter who has a keen eye for interpreting medical charts and enjoys patient advocacy. We are interested in individuals who love a fast-paced environment and are committed to personal excellence and team success.
INFINITY offers competitive compensation, including health, dental and vision benefits as well as a 401(k) plan, start-up gym memberships, team outings and a positive team-oriented and even a pet-friendly environment. INFINITY is dedicated to its employees’ success and committed to internal advancement opportunities. For more information, check us out at www.infinitybehavioral.com.
This position reports to our Medical Records Supervisor and will contribute to our overall efforts through the following responsibilities:
- ANALYZE DENIED CLAIMS –Review patient charts and provide requested medical records, along with appropriate cover letter, to insurance companies. Determine whether medical services provided match insurance billing information. Document discrepancies in MS Word and share with Medical Records Supervisor so that INFINITY may contact its client to facilitate next steps in claim or appeals process.
- CHART REVIEW & PATIENT ADVOCACY – Review patient medical chart with keen eye to determine medical necessity for services provided. Effectively identify and pull out supporting data and evidence from medical records to advocate for patient coverage. Consult with INFINITY’s clinical resources as necessary. Note insurance company trends to share with colleagues during weekly meetings.
- CASE ARTICULATION & SUMMARY – Document data supporting claim coverage in clear and concise written terms. Utilize good grammar and pay attention to detail to ensure professionally written documentation for INFINITY.
- INFINITY TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – INFINTY offers a hands-on training and mentoring process including classroom instruction and full introduction to medical billing, claims and appeals process. Must demonstrate successful mastery of chart review process prior to exiting training process. Continued professional development desired and encouraged.
This is an hourly position with traditional office hours and a paid lunch break. Opportunity to earn overtime pay may be available in peak seasons for interested employees.
- 3-5+ years prior experience reviewing and or interpreting patient medical records, both handwritten charts and e-Records.
- Knowledge and or demonstrated aptitude to understand insurance practices, claims processes and HIPPA privacy regulations is strongly preferred.
- Must enjoy identifying and articulating a case for necessity of medical services.
- Strong typing and computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required. Ability to navigate between platforms necessary.
- Must collaborate with other team members and Team Lead to learn and to master best advocacy practices with medical records.
- Must have sense of urgency and ability to redirect attention to a new patient chart after in-depth review and advocacy for prior chart.
- Strong writing, grammar, punctuation and research skills required.
- GED required; 4-year college degree preferred.
If you are qualified and interested, simply upload your resume and tell us why you’d love to work for INFINITY. All employment inquiries are held strictly confidential. To apply, email your resume to email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER